Sensory Friendly Performances
Sensory-friendly performances are offered occasionally. These designated performances allow classrooms and families with children on the autism spectrum or with other sensory sensitivities to enjoy live entertainment in a safe and welcoming environment.
What Can I Expect At a Sensory-Friendly Performance?
Before The Performance
- We will email you a “Guide to A Successful Field Trip” which contains “A Social Narrative” and “A Day at Popejoy” checklist to prepare for your visit.
At the Performance
- We always have staff and volunteers available to assist you during your visit.
- The sound will be softened and the house lights will be left on but dimmed.
- Expectations for audience noise and moving around will be relaxed.
- A “count-down” clock will be placed near the stage showing how much longer remains in the show.
- A cool-down area with a closed-circuit feed from the show will be provided down the central stairs in the lower lobby.
- Family restrooms are available off the lower lobby.