Theater field trips provide students with skills needed to succeed both in and out of the classroom. Live performances can enhance literary knowledge and innovative thinking and increase vocabulary, tolerance, empathy, and emotional intelligence. Shows selected for the Schooltime Series reflect the cultural diversity of our global community and are designed to encourage literacy, creativity, communication, and imagination.
I cannot stress enough what a wonderful opportunity it was for these young people, many of whom have never seen a live performance. So many of them are creative and it was inspiring to be able to see the theater as a potential outlet for this creativity. Thank you so much!
Schooltime performances also connect to the National STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) Common Core Standards and are designed to target recommended grade ranges. We do not provide performances for children younger than Pre-K ages.
Planning for Your Field Trip
- Review this season’s Schooltime Series show descriptions to determine which performances are appropriate for your group. Grade recommendations are provided on the season’s show pages.
- Note the length of the performance you’re interested in. Shows run 45-60 minutes unless otherwise stated.
- Review the process for Buying Tickets (link to Ticketing page).
- Schedule your group’s arrival at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the show. Cars and buses parking on campus require a parking permit. Do not arrange for transportation until you have purchased tickets.
- Determine whether you wish to stay for the optional 15-minute Q & A sessions with the cast that follow most 12:00pm shows or single performances.
- Review the House Policies (link to House Policies page) and Etiquette (link to Etiquette page) with students and chaperones.
To review our available performances, please visit Shows (link to show page). All tickets are general admission.