We’ve had great experiences with the Schooltime Series and always look forward to the shows. Thank you for providing such a superb theatre experience for kids.
Schooltime performances are designed for youth audiences and open only to adults who are teachers or chaperones.
For the safety and enjoyment of all our patrons, we ask that you follow our house policies. Review these with your chaperones before the show.
- Students of all grades must always be chaperoned, including when visiting the restroom.
- All attendees, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
- Students and chaperones should remain seated, except when entering and leaving the theater. UNM's fire code prohibits standing in the aisles or the back.
- We request that disruptive patrons go into the lobby or our lower lounge with a chaperone to cool down, watch the show on closed-circuit television, and then return to their seat when they are ready.
When You Arrive at Popejoy
- Leave items such as backpacks and lunches on the bus, if possible. Our fire code prohibits these loose articles from entering the theater. Items that cannot be left on a bus may be stored in a storage bin available in our lobby area. No coats or outdoor wear may be placed in these bins. Popejoy assumes no responsibility for anything left in the lobby areas.
- Request all members of your group finish their food, drink, and dispose of their gum before entering the theater.
- Gather your entire group together.
- Ask your chaperones to enter with their class and sit dispersed within the group.
- Have your QR code ready for scanning. All members of your group must be present in order to be seated together. Saving seats will not be possible. Multiple classes attending from the same school may be seated separately.
- Follow an usher to your seats when prompted. All tickets are general admission; groups cannot choose their seats.
- Alert the usher if you requested ADA accommodations when placing your order. The members of your group requiring accommodation will be seated accordingly.
What To Do If a Student Becomes Separated
Should a student become separated from your group, immediately report the situation to the nearest usher. They will notify management and management will institute procedures to attempt to find the child, including contacting the UNM Police Department.