Frequently Asked Questions About the Volunteer Program
How Many People Work Each Event?
We typically use 32 volunteers, one house manager, an assistant manager and two student floor managers. Front of House Staff are essential for ensuring that patrons have an enjoyable and safe experience.
What Are The Requirements?
- Volunteer to be available for at least 20 shows per season (about 2 per month)
- Volunteer for different assignments
- Become familiar and stay current with all FOH responsibilities
- Be able to stand throughout a sold-out performance lasting between 50 minutes and 4 hours (when technical requirements prohibit use of the volunteer folding chairs) or you will be assigned to Ticket Taking, Greeting, or the Information Kiosk. In this capacity, you will be stationed outside the theater throughout all or part of the performance.
- Be able to move up and down stairs repeatedly, carry programs, help with lightweight table placement and draping, tear tickets, assist with ticket counts, pick up programs after the show, stock supplies, and contribute to general cleanup and recycling activities. A very limited number of volunteers unable to do stairs will be accepted per performance.
Do Volunteers Get Paid?
Our volunteers do not receive money; nevertheless, they have all of the responsibilities of employees. Compensation for services is the opportunity of seeing part of performances with the added satisfaction of performing a service for the arts.
How Do I Apply?
Please contact us with your name and address and we will send you an application. If you have any questions please send us an e-mail at email@example.com. We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.