We are committed to providing a safe experience for our patrons and artists. To help us do this, patrons are asked to bring minimal personal belongings to the theatre and allow extra time for security screening. Bags may be subject to security checks prior to performances.
Security will be conducting bag checks for the following prohibited items at select performances:
- Weapons of any shape or size including (but not limited to) firearms, knives of any kind, throwing stars, machetes, tasers, and mace.
- Cameras and recording devices (other than phones).
- Animals (except trained service animals).
- Outside food or beverages other than water.
- Items that may be deemed disruptive to the performance.
- Items deemed dangerous, hazardous, illegal, or inappropriate.
Popejoy Hall reserves the right to prohibit any item, including items not listed above, from entering the premises in response to any show request or requirement.
If you arrive with a prohibited item, we will ask you to secure it elsewhere before entering the venue. There is no storage area and confiscated items will not be returned. Patrons who refuse screening will be denied entry.
What size bag can I bring?
Oversized bags such as luggage pieces are prohibited from entering the theatre. Small purses and bags that can fit under the seat or comfortably in someone’s lap are fine. All bags larger than a clutch purse (5”x7”x5”) may be searched.
Can I bring a weapon to the theatre?
No firearms or other weapons are allowed at Popejoy Hall or on the University of New Mexico campus. View the UNM Campus Policy.
If You See Something, Say Something
If you observe suspicious and/or dangerous behavior taking place prior to or during your performance, please report what you saw to a Popejoy Hall usher or staff member.